Saturday, October 13, 2007

Recap of Stitches East

I had a blast! A neighbor, who I met on Ravelry, picked up up around 8:30, and we headed over to Baltimore. We got there right at 10, which was perfect because it wasn't all that crowded. Yeah! I think we looked at most of the booths, and ended up buying loads of stuff! And, I even spent $50 less than I planned on!! I can't believe I walked out of there with cash!!

Here are some pics of my purchases!

First, we have a skein of STR in a fab colorway that I hadn't seen before!

Then we have some silk Lotus from Interlacements, which is such an intense blue in person. I bought a great pattern (below) to make with this.

Then we have some buttons for a lavendar/periwinkle sweater I'm making for Celia. I am using these as incentive to finish it by the holidays.

And here are the 2 patterns I picked up. The one on white paper is the one I'm using the Lotus for. It's just so lovely!!

And here, is some Lisa Souza, which I fell in love with.

And, since I was wearing my Koigu socks, I had to get some more. I just loved this colorway the second I saw it.

Then, The Ernst's had a booth for their beautiful glass needles. I've been thinking about buying some forever, and after I tried them, I had to have some! Again, with the blue. It would have been purple, but they didn't have any in a solid purple, other than the LimeNViolet ones, which I loved, but they didn't have any with longer cords.

Then, we have some Brooks Farm, which is a booth I can never go into without buying something. This was no different- though I did only get one. I had gotten 4 at MSW which I haven't touched yet, so I felt good about restraining myself here. It's their Fourplay, and it's absolutely stunning!

And last, but certainly not least, we have some Colinette Jitterbug, in a beautiful colorway. I had resisted, until I saw from another blog, that the name of this colorway is "Jay". And for those of you who don't know, Jay was my maiden name. So I had no choice in this purchase whatsoever. It was coming home with me.


Well, there you have it!! My Stitches East purchases! I was very well behaved this year. I didn't go overboard. And, I had a lot of fun! This year, I was there an additional hour, for a grand total of 3 hours. Being pregnant, it was absolutely perfect. Any more time and I would have collapsed! I was so exhausted! And it was fun going with my neighbor! Neat that you find people right around the corner, with several common interests (wine and yarn!!), on Ravelry. I always love seeing what others have gotten, and it always inspires me to look at different things.