Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SP questions

I'm a bit behind, with vacation and work, and everything else going on. So here are my last few "Questions of the week" answers!

Question #6
What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?
My favorite project to take is usually socks. They are small, simple, and pack well. And if I only have 10 minutes to work on them, it's enough time to do a few rounds (or needles if I have dpns) and put them down again. Nice and easy.

If you’d like to share a story…Tell us about a time that you packed too much knitting or were stranded without knitting.
I have a tendency to over-pack. I usually have at least 3 projects with me, and one or two that I can start. Or have a plan to visit a LYS and pick up an extra project. I remember when I went to Las Vegas last January. I knit some on the plane, but other than that, I did absolutely no knitting whatsoever. I had the idea that I'd go to bed early and get some knitting done...but then I was up until 2 or 3 most nights, and up at 6:30 and back out with my family. We sure know how to have fun!! And at least I did do some on the plane... But even on the way home, I was so exhausted from lack of sleep, that I rested the whole way, and didn't knit a single stitch.


Question #7
What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit? and
I usually do my knitting on my sofa in front of the TV. I love my sofa. It's big, soft, cushy, and comfy.

What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?
I have a cube with a lid that inverts to a tray as a coffee table, and I often have some water, wine, or a mojito as I'm knitting away. The TV is always on, either to something on the Food Network or HGTV. Can't think of anything else I usually have. I can't even say other notions, because I usually hunt for them as I need them. And can never find them.

Question #8
What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?
I love hamburgers and hot dogs. Such an american girl. Grilled is best, with ketchup on the hot dog (either Sahlen's or Zweigel's), and ketchup and mayo on a cheeseburger (seasoned with seasoned salt). Give me some macaroni salad with hard boiled eggs and miracle whip, and baked beans (only Grandma Brown's) with a little ketchup and brown sugar and bacon before baking. That, and diet pepsi, or a glass of red wine are all I need. Great, now I"m hungry!!