Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun times.

The last few weeks have been a bit nutty, healthwise for me. I was sick about 2 weeks ago. So sick I could barely move. So sick that when I moved, it felt like the left side of my abdomen had a knife in it. After a few days of this massive pain, I went to my Dr, who told me I likely have Diverti.culitis. They treated me with antibiotics, and it got better. They sent me for a pelvic sonogram, which was normal, also supporting their hypothesis. At this point, since I'm young (33), they wanted me to see a GI, to make sure everything is OK. So, it was off to the GI this past friday. After waiting for an hour, I finally saw him. And his recommendation was to have a colonoscopy to rule out anything else. They want to make sure I"m OK in there, and there isn't anything else causing the abdominal pain. So, I get to do that in a few weeks. Since I closed down my Infertility blog, I will post the details here.

Now on to some actual fun things!! I spent some time at the pool this weekend, my daughter had a swim meet and did great! Then I took her for some mommy/daughter time and we saw "UP". I absolutely loved it. I laughed and cried, and it was just very well done. I highly recommend it. Just be warned if you're dealing with (or have dealt with) infertility or pregnancy loss. Definitely sad in the beginning. But other than that, it was absolutely amazing. And it was fun to spend some quality time with my Celia. Yesterday I also spent some time dyeing to get ready for the Knit and Crochet Summer Show in Buffalo next month. I got tons done, and had fun. A friend even came over to hang out and she and her niece did some dyeing too. That was fun!

I also have the last 2 weeks of CSA deliveries to catch up on.
Last Saturday (July 4th) was really yummy. We had blueberries, green beans, banana peppers, green pepper, zucchini, cucumber, collard greens, kale, red onion, beets and some flowers.

This week, was more collard greens and kale, blueberries, green beans, banana peppers, beets, potatoes, peaches, cherries, green pepper, red onion and zucchini.

I made pickled beets on Saturday night, so in a few days they'll be ready to try. One bit of the Kale was fried up with some bacon, onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and served with buttered pasta and parmesan cheese. Really fantastic. I forgot to take a pic this week, but last weeks' pick is on the camera. I have to say I really love getting all of the yummy produce every week. SO good, and worth every penny if you ask me.