Saturday, August 01, 2009

Vacay

I love vacations! This week has been so much fun! We're in Canandaigua, at my uncle's place. Last time we were here, is when I took the HPT that came up positive after my IVF cycle. So it holds a lot of good memories for me.

We've done nearly everything I can think of. The beach, the New York Wine and Culinary Center, shopping, wine drinking, relaxing, reading, spent some time with my MIL/FIL, and my SIL, and spent some time just relaxing. I got to take a nap, which I really needed. And I got to spend Tuesday in a chair. Getting my newest tattoo!! Here it is:
DSC_0081

The pink ribbon is for my Aunt Debbie, who passed away last year from a 12+ year battle with breast cancer. The cherry blossoms are there because they are one of my favorite flowers, and we have several cherry trees in my yard that bloom every year. Love living in DC for that. If we ever move back to Buffalo/Rochester, I'll have that to remind me of our time in DC. And if we're in DC forever, I can see them year round. I got this done at Lady Luck Tattoo in Canandaigua, NY. Tom was the artist, and what he came up with is so much better than I had ever imagined. I love that there are some buds, and some petals falling- life and death. Just perfect.

My DH also spent a little time in the chair, getting his first tattoo on Thursday. Here it is:
DSC_0091

Nice and simple, just our names. In a triangle, because he's kind of a math geek. He loves lines and angles.

Other than that, I've been reading A LOT. I finished the first two Twilight books, and am 150 plus pages into the third book. I came with the first, and bought the second, third and fourth here. Because I couldn't wait. SO addicting.