Thursday, September 08, 2005

SP-6 questions...answered!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Sadly, I am a bit of a yarn snob. I do gravitate towards soft, natural fibers, but am certainly willing to try anything once.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I am a horrible crochet-er, and am dying to learn how to spin.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke gives me migranes.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I've known how to knit for over 20 years, but have been knitting seriously for one year.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an amazon one, but I haven't updated it in a while.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, citrus, floral

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
YES YES YES!!!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm a scrapbooker and photographer, and I quilt.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I guess that would be mainly rock if you had to classify it. I have an iBook/iPod, so yup, I love the mp3's!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blues, greens and purples.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married, wtih a 18 month old daughter, and 2 cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
to travel a lot, have a big family and be happy!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love Debbie Bliss' collections, Knitpicks has some great yarns as well. I'm a huge fan of hand-painted yarn.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
anything scratchy.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I have knitting ADD. I have at least 10 projects going at all times, and at various stages. I can't say that I have an obsession.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I do a lot of baby clothes, for my daughter and for friends. I'm trying socks (still on my first pair) and fingerless gloves (still on my first pair). I do like instant gratification.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Um...too many things to list here.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like them, I'm making one right now.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I'm trying to be...

22. How did you learn to knit?
My aunt taught me when I was about 5. She used to make the nicest fair-isle mittens.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 1 year old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love poodles (just ask my daughter who was dressed in a pink poodle costume last halloween).

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween, followed closely by my birthday.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn, scrapbooking supplies, and poodles. Oh yes, and wine...I have about 5 cases at the moment.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Scarf style or wrap style.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Not really.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I have a size 9-1/2 to 10 foot. It seems that when I got pregnant two years ago, my feet grew an entire size! I hope that doesn't happen next time!