Saturday, July 08, 2006

dying!

I am finally going to try dying the Color Your Own yarn I got from Knit Picks. I was speaking with a co-worker yesterday about it, and she said something about possibly using cake dyes (food coloring). So I was online early this morning (thanks to my lovely daughter who woke up at 3:30, crawled in bed for a few hours and was fully up by 6) looking for info on using food coloring. Thankfully it looks like it should be the same as using Kool Aid. AND, I have a set of 16 dyes for making icing. So I'm going to give this a shot today, and will post pics when I have a finished product!

For those of you who don't read my LJ, we had a fun week. Last friday I picked up a dog from the lady we bought our house from. She was such a sweetie! Or at least until we brought my daughter in the room. She was fine most of the time, but decided to see what Celia tasted like. She nipped her 6-7 times throughout the week, and was mostly going for Celia's face. So thursday night, I had my husband call the woman we got the dog from, and she made arrangements to have the dog picked up. It was SO hard too let Sadie go, she was so adorable, and really sweet most of the time. I just couldn't have a dog in the house that wanted to bite my daughter's face. If anything ever happened, I'd never forgive myself. And the nipping was making her afraid of the dog to, which wasn't good either. I'm really sad about it, but I guess when Celia is older (at least 6) we can re-visit getting another dog (unless we have more kids, in which case the youngest would have to be 6.