Sunday, October 08, 2006

sick.

We've had a very quiet weekend! Starting thursday, when Celia had pinkeye, and friday, when she had a horrible cough and I took her to the doctor (again) to find that she had croup. I was so desparate for something to keep her occupied (and not more
TV!), that we ran over to target and picked up a few board games. We now have Dora's Memory, Dora's Chuttes and Ladders, and Dora's Candy Land. She really didn't get the concept of a game, but at least it got her away from the TV for a bit. I think if we keep trying, she'll get it pretty quickly.

Of course the steroid the doctor gave her makes her hyper, so she hasn't really slept much. And as my luck would have it, I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and it's only gotten worse over the last day. I'm hoping it goes away quickly. We're still not sure if Celia should stay home tomorrow or go to daycare. I guess we'll see how tonight goes. The barking cough is gone, but she's still coughing a bit and the doctor said she'd be contagious for 4 days. Poor kiddo. She's sitting watching Dora the Explorer's Halloween video right now, and looks like she's going to pass out.

Not much on my knitting front, just been so tired. However, I did finish my mittens for my Mittens swap partner. Hopefully I'll get them to the post office on tuesday. I also got some things for my hot socks swap pal too! And my Knitters Tea Swap 2 package got mailed off last tuesday! Hopefully she should get it very soon! I had fun shopping for her. ;)

Well, I'm really groggy from my nap, so I'm going to relax, have a cup of tea, and sit with Celia for a bit.