Monday, September 10, 2007

another weekend update

Sad! I can't seem to find time during the week to post, other than right after weekends. I really need to work on that! And maybe include some pics of what I've been up to!

My weekend was ok...not so much fun though. Celia had the first gymnastics class of the fall session on Saturday, and she had an absolute blast! She was so adorable, did everything her teacher wanted her to, and was such a star! After class, we were heading to IHOP. We are almost there, and she tells me her tummy hurts, and she had to go poo poo, so as soon as we get there, before we even get a table, we head back to the bathroom. After 30 minutes of her trying, I finally convince her to get off and try again later. She didn't look so hot, so I told her we'd order the food to go, and go home. We were washing our hands, and all of a sudden she looked really funny, and I rushed her to the toilet in time for her to throw up. Poor thing was so upset. She really felt awful, but didn't want to leave without her breakfast. I promised her to take her there as soon as she was feeling better, so we went straight home. She got sick on and off all morning and part of the afternoon until she just passed out and slept for a few hours. This is really not like her- she hates naps. Anyway, she woke up feeling alot better. I just felt awful because we had to cancel her slot at the library Discovery room, and bail out of a birthday party she really wanted to go to. She was really upset, but at the same time, she really seemed to understand.

Sunday, we finally ended up at IHOP for our breakfast, only this time, hubby came too. I try to do something special with Celia once a week, and it's usually breakfast, but we did something different instead, since she was sick Saturday. I ran to the mall, ran to a few other stores, and went home. I decided it was a good time to dye up some more yarn (and man was I creative yesterday!!), so I got that stuff together. I just went nuts, and made lots of new colorways. Not many are named yet, and I need to think about a few. I had one thing in mind for one of them, but it doesn't seem right now that it's drying. WEll see though!! Celia had helped me wind one of the skeins one night last week, so I tagged it and kept it aside so she could help me dye it. After I was done, I took that skein out, and we dyed it together! She picked the colors, and got the lengths of color established, and I just filled it in so it was completely dyed. She did great, and I love the skein she came up with! I would have taken pics if she wasn't standing there in her Dora undies- she was way too cute. She asked me to make her some new legwarmers with it, so I think I shall! Her old ones are probably too small now.

That was the end of it! I did spend a little time knitting my Hogwarts Sock pal"s socks. I had a few inches of the first cuff done, but then ripped the whole thing out. I wasn't happy with how they were looking, so it was back to the drawing board. I picked a different pattern, and think I'm happy with them now. I hope so! I really need to get knitting!!! They shall not be late though...thankfully I still have loads of time.