Monday, August 27, 2007

What a weekend.

This weekend was busy, and crazy, and fun! Saturday, we had planned on a low key day at home. Until, at 2:30 or so, the power went out. Not sure if it was the heat, it was over 98, or weather, or a fluke. But we were out of power, and it was getting HOT in the house. So off to the mall we went! We had fun, walked around a bit, got a few things from Old Navy's maternity section, then went out for dinner. I hadn't been to Chili's in ages, and it was SO good. I could have just gotten the Skillet Queso and been happy. After dinner, we headed up to Buy Buy Baby, which is a massive store, filled with baby stuff, on 2 floors! One floor is furniture and nursery things, the other floor is all the other things you need with a baby. We picked up some bed rails for Celia, because my mom is bringing up my old bed (an antique), for Celia to have, so we needed rails for a full/double bed. While we were there, we told Celia she could pick out a little present for her baby brother or sister. She was SO excited, and kept running around, saying that her baby needed towels, and bibs, and bottles, and clothes, and toys. She wanted to get one of everything for her baby. It was way too cute, and I was nearly in tears as we're walking around. We let her pick a cotton one piece outfit, and a hoodie towel. She's so convinced that we're having a boy, that the outfit she picked is yellow, green, blue and orange, and has animals over it, and the towel is blue with a crocadile on it. Oh yeah, she's sure. And insistent. She's just so adorable about the whole thing. Then on the way home she was talking about how she was going to be the one to change diapers, not me or daddy. And she wanted to feed the baby, and give baby a bath, and all these other things. It really made me happy to see her already getting excited about her brother or sister.

And yes, it's definitely, without a doubt, just one. I had another ultrasound this morning, at 11 weeks 3 days, and there is one baby in there. The other sac is still present, but empty. Which is good, it means that the other embryo was absorbed, and the sac will hopefully soon follow. It was so much fun to see this particular sonogram this morning. It was the first trimester screening, and they checked for markers for Downs Syndrome and stuff like that. It was just so detailed. I could see the nasal bone, and loads of other things. No sex organs yet though...but next time we should be able to see. I go back in 6 weeks. ;)

Yesterday was busy with usual errands. Grocery shopping was oh, so much fun. I forgot that the first day of school is today in our area, so it was a mob scene. Thankfully I got in and out relatively quickly. Then I spent the afternoon dyeing. I got my new toy- a skeinwinder- in last week, so I played with it a bit the day I got it, and some more yesterday. SO much faster!! So I dyed up 9 skeins (one is already spoken for). But I have two Fawkes, a Lord Voldemort, a Crookshanks, a Ron Weasley, and several new colorways that will be uploaded as soon as they're dry. I had so much fun, and while I was working away yesterday, I had loads more ideas for different colorways, but they'll have to wait for next time.