Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Thank you!

Thank you all for your kind words! Thankfully I'm doing really well. I know that twins would have been a huge challenge, and a long and risky pregnancy for me and both babies. I'm thrilled that we're having 1 healthy baby!! My daughter is so excited, we told her about it on monday. She keeps running around telling me there's a baby in my belly and its' her brother. Of course it's way too early to know the sex, but she's convinced it's going to be a boy. If not, we'll be in some trouble!!

I've been working away on my Sockapalooza 4 pals socks. I love how they're coming out. I'm about halfway done with the second sock, so I have some major work to do tonight!! I hope I finish them in time! They're supposed to go in the mail tomorrow!! I'm guessing they'll make it in on Friday or Saturday, but I'll more than make up for it in the package. I bought a few extra goodies for her, knowing that they might be a day or 2 late.

Secret Pal 11sign-ups are done! I will start working on sorting the names into groups as soon as they're all verified! I'm looking forward to another round! Though this time I won't be participating, just hostessing. I'm afraid to commit to a pal with the pregnancy, I won't have the time and energy to really put into it. I'd hate for a pal to feel neglected.

I also joined the Hogwarts Sock Swap 2, hosted by our lovely headmistress, Rebecca. The second years (which I am!), get to send yarn in their package with the socks, so I decided to give all participants a 10% discount on their yarn purchases from my shop. The Hogwarts series of colorways have gone so well, it's amazing! I have more to put up (as soon as I finish my sockapalooza pal's socks), including a few new colorways- Ravenclaw (which incorporates both book and movie colors), Prophecy, and one skein of Night Bus. I LOVE how Prophecy came out. I may keep 1 of the skeins for myself (I loved how the first one came out before the colors were even set, and I made a second). So much fun!!!