Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Huge news!

I have some really big, really awesome news!!

So, I was looking on Ravelry the other day, and saw something about the TKGA Knit and Crochet show happening this summer. In Buffalo! Which is where I'm from. At first, I was thinking it might be fun to go up for it and go with my mom, since she always comes down to Maryland for Sheep and Wool and came last year to Stitches East. And then it dawned on me...that it might be fun to try to apply for a vendor spot. If they actually had any left. So I talked to my DH about it, and talked to my mom about it (she's been a great sounding board for me). And I came to the conclusion that I should absolutely apply, and see what happens!

So yesterday, I faxed the application over, and 3 hours later, I got an e-mail that I have been accepted, and will be a vendor! So, there will be tons of dyeing happening at my house over the next 3 months. And tons of Harry Potter colorways to come up with! I'm over the moon with excitement. Cannot wait!! I'm thrilled that my first solo big show will be in my hometown. With my mom there to help me. And some good friends and other family members there to support me. I am still in shock. And in that "what the heck was I thinking?!!" mentality. But I am SO excited.

I leave you with a pic of some of the yarn that will be at the show!