Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas meme.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
hot chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa wraps them all!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
colored lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
nope
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Day after thanksgiving, or as close to- My daughter loves the tree and lights so we like to get as much use out of them.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
ham with goop (a syrup that tops the ham made from brown sugar, orange juice and mustard...put on top the last half hour of cooking and it's a syrup!).
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I think my neighbor told me but I didn't really believe her until the next year.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes!!
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas tree?
lots of ornaments, from my childhood, my husband's childhood, and ones we've gotten each other each year we've been together
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love it for the first few times, then I'm done with it. Let's just say I grew up in Hamburg, NY, about 20 minutes south of Buffalo, NY...and we always had lots of snow. A foot at a time was normal. I now live in Maryland, where we get very little snow, but enough to get my fill.
12. Can you ice skate?
Not unless you want a trip to the emergency room afterwards.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The Barbie dream house. I was maybe 8, and I woke up to find the house all put together in the living room. My dad had stayed up all night putting it together, and getting all the little pieces apart (food, cups, plates, furniture). I'll never forget that Christmas!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Seeing the look on my daughter's face when she comes down and sees the tree with lots of presents. It's priceless!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
cut out cookies
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
baking with my mom, now with my daughter
17. What tops your tree?
a star
18. What is your favorite holiday book?
A Christmas Carol
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
20. Candy canes?
Yum! I like the regular, white and red ones.

Tag!! You're it!