Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey day!!

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays, and I love spending time with family and friends between now and the new year. This year, the husband and I decided to do things a bit differently. Instead of driving up to spend the holiday with family, we decided to turn it into a little mini-vacation. I'm blogging today from the lovely hotel room in Williamsburg, VA that we are staying at for the next few days. Thanksgiving "dinner" was at 11AM, at one of the taverns in Colonial Williamsburg. The turkey, yams, and stuffing were amazing! I decided to try a differnet dessert, and got the Mincemeat Pie. It was horrible! Too many fruits/raisins/whatever. I now know that I really dislike it. We spent time at the hotel pool, took a nap, and went to TGI Fridays for dinner, and had a few drinks downstairs during the Managers Reception.

I'm thankful for many things this year! I'm thankful that I'm married to a wonderful, and patient man, who is not only a great husband but an amazing father. I'm thankful for my daughter, who is the best little girl I could have ever hoped for. She blows my mind every day, and I'm so lucky to be her mother. I have amazing friends, and family, who I could never thank enough for being so great. I'm thankful that we have a roof over our heads and a fridge full of food. It has been an amazing year and I hope the next one is even better.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!