Sunday, April 08, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange!!

One of my previous SP participants, Isobel, is doing a fun swap! Here is the questionnaire for it!!

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
My favorites are the Fleece Artist and Handmaiden handpainted yarns. I also love Koigu, Socks that Rock, and yarns from many of the indie dyers out there. Anything soft, and in fantastic colors are just my kind of yarns.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
I don't like things that are too flasy, like some of the novelty yarns. I also tend to avoid acrylic because I don't like the feel of many of the ones I"ve seen.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Just start at the front and check out all the yarns they have. I love looking for anything different, that I can't get at my LYS, feeling textures and looking for different colors.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I spin, quilt, rubber stamp, scrapbook, and I'm starting to get into dyeing.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Garden/ Crochet / Celebrity Gossip

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
socks, sweaters (especially for my 3 year old daughter), hats, scarves...

8. Are you allergic to anything?
smoke- it gives me migranes

9. What do you like to smell of?
vanilla, lavendar, citrus. I really don't like anything musky.

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
I used to take baths before we moved- now the only bathtub is next to my daughter's room- not easy to take a real bath at night, but I do occaisonally. Usually massages or aromatherapy is how I relax now.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
the tea room! I love tea!!

12. What do you come out with?
A cup of black (Ceylon or assam, depending on my mood) tea, with some milk and splenda (or honey).

13. Where do you go next?
the old fashioned bakery, for a piece of cake, either chocolate or white, depending on my mood...I'm very mood driven. I love chocolate anything, but sometimes I just want something more simple.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I'm really easy to please! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.