Sunday, April 22, 2007

FOs and a great weekend!!

First up: 2 pairs of socks finished in the last two weeks.
These are a basic pair of socks out of STR in Highway 30. I started these in October, and just finished them before Easter.


These are the Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave Knits. These were started last summer, and I just finished them last night. I used Koigu KPPPM, in a lovely burgandy colorway. They are SO soft, I love them!!



Yesterday was my idea of a PERFECT day. First I took Celia to her gymnastics class, then we went over to Lisa's for a playdate. After running a quick errand, we all had lunch and headed to the playground. The kids had SO much fun, and it was really cute. After we were all exhausted, I dropped Celia off at home, I met up with another friend at Finewine.com for their French wine tasting. It was awesome!! I did some shopping and came home. We played outside a bit more (lots of Bubbles!!), we heated up dinner, and got Celia into bed. The temperature was perfect, and Celia was absolutely wonderful- it's days like this that make me want to be a stay at home mom. She was just as perfect as she can be.

Today, I had planned on taking some time for myself. After some errands, I spent the afternoon using some techniques I learned back in January at MamaE's dyeing class, and dyed up some yarn! I absolutely love how some of them turned out! I will post pics as soon as they dry and I get them reskeined. I have this laundry room that has the perfect space for dyeing:

I had a lot of fun! And here's a shot of the yarn in the woolwash, to give you an idea of the colors I used.