Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bedrest

I haven't had a fun week at all! Tuesday at work in the morning, I was getting a little crampy here and there. By 1 or so, it started being more persistent. I talked to a few other women in my office who are due a few weeks after me, and they calmed me down. But then it started getting a bit worse. So I called my OBs office, and they wanted me to come in. After they checked a few things, they decided to send me on over to the hospital to have me checked out. They were pretty sure I was contracting, but everything else appeared good. No dilation or anything.

So, I went to the hospital and got hooked up. Apparently I was contracting every 2 minutes, but they weren't actually productive contractions. They thought I might be dehydrated, so they hooked me up to an IV. After that didn't help, they did an injection of Ter.butaline, which slowed down the contractions. A second shot stopped them. It was annoying to be stuck in the hospital by myself (without any knitting!!) for 5 hours. Thankfully once they stopped, I was sent home pretty quickly with instructions to stay on bedrest until I go back to my OBs office on Friday. So yesterday I was home, laying down all day, and had about 8 contractions. Today, It's just past noon, and things were going well until about 11. I am not up to the worry point yet, (6 in an hour), but it's definitely a little annoying. Hopefully they'll stop soon, and I won't have to worry about it.

I've definitely been tired. And have had a headache since yesterday morning, which makes doing anyhting productive difficult. But I'm trying! I just wonder why I'm contracting?! I'm definitely NOT dehydrated today, since I've been drinking water like a mad woman. We'll see.