Thursday, January 17, 2008

update

I saw my OB this morning, and he told me to up my dose to 20mg with how I've been feeling. Now I have been doing this about half the time, so maybe it will help.

He also wanted me to move up my appointment with Dr H (my MFM) and his office called over and got me in TODAY at 10:30!! I guess you throw the words "possible preterm labor" around, and slots magically appear. Thank goodness. I'm curious to see what's going on in there. My fingers are crossed for a nice long, closed cervix.

And the good news- he said that next appointment in 2 weeks, we'll schedule my C-section/tubal at Shady Grove! He said it's so much closer for me, so why not? I loved that! Apparently the new rooms are really nice too- they just opened up a new wing. And this way, Dr. H can also be involved if necessary.

Then I saw my MFM, and waited what felt like forever! I got back, and they first checked my cervix, which is 3 cm, so nice and long. There is a channel of fluid around it though, which apparently is a sign that I've been having lots of contractions. Which I still am! She said to head home after the appointment (which I planned to do anyways), lay on my left side, and stay there for the rest of the week and through the entire weekend. That should give the increased medication enough time to really start working, and I should be much more comfortable. I asked her if I could still work from home this afternoon and tomorrow, and she was fine with that, as long as I'm laying down. And she was pleased that I'm working from home most of the time from now on. She said between that and the meds, I should be feeling much less discomfort. I can't wait for that to happen!! And if the meds don' thelp, to call my OB and switch to something else. But I'm almost 32 weeks, and she said that after 34 weeks, they usually don't do too much to prevent labor.