Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ok for now

Yesterday I saw the OB who sent me to the hospital on Tuesday. I had seen her a few times during my last pregnancy, but not since then. I have to say I was really impressed! She really listened to what I was saying, my symptoms, and decided it would be a really good idea to put me on some medication to help stop the contractions. Or at least the background ones that don't seem to be doing anything, thus making me more comfortable. So now I'm on Pro.cardia every 6 hours. The dose depends on how I'm feeling. If it's a good day, I take one pill at a time, if I'm not feeling well, I can take 2 at a time. I will see my actual OB on Thursday to see how the medication is helping. She did talk about possibly pulling me out of work and keeping me on modified bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy. However she did say that for now, that decision is mine. If I want to keep working (which I do), I can. Just to listen to my body and if I need to take it easy, to make sure to do that. I also spoke with HR yesterday to see what my options are and what benefits will kick in when, if I do end up on bedrest. And I have to say I'm VERY lucky to work where I do. I need to speak with my supervisor next week to arrange a plan for how to proceed just in case. For now I'm glad to be able to keep working. We have some major deadlines that I'd feel awful abandoning. So this works out for the best.

Thanks for all of your well wishes! It really helps a lot!!