Thursday, June 26, 2008

HHHS questionnaire!

1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? I'd say I'm an intermediate beginner. I've been spinning for about 2 years, but don't do it nearly often enough!

2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)?
I create mostly singles and 2 ply yarn.

3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?
I have a spindle and a wheel (Ashford Kiwi), but I usually use my wheel.

4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like?
I love merino, merino blends (with tencel, for example)

5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)?
I love crown mountain farms. I usually buy fiber at festivals, so haven't really explored the etsy sellers much.

6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
I'm up for just about anything! I just don't like things that are scratchy.

7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn?
I'd love to learn how to navajo ply.

8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
Yes, yes, yes! I have sold several rovings that I've dyed at my shop, but I've mostly dyed yarn.

9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
No. I don't have the tools, or the time to learn to prep fiber right now. New baby takes priority right now. Ready-to-spin fiber is a must.

10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
I haven't done anything with it yet. But I have plans for scarves and leg warmers.

11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
I don't have a WPI gauge, and the threading hook I have is the one that came with my wheel (just metal). So I'd love some fun gadgets!

12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blues, purples, and greens. I'm not a fan of orange or yellow.

13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
My wheel has several different things going. Some CrownMountain Farm superwash meriono, a blend that was gifted to me in a fiberswap, and some yummy alpaca that I bought at Maryland sheep and wool a few years back.

14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
I knit, dye, scrapbook, quilt, cook, photography

15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
I love wine. My husband and I have a bit of a collection that we started about 6 years ago. I also love to cook. And my kids, are my number one priority. I work full time as a scientist, and need as many outlets as possible away from the computer.

16. Do you have an online wishlist?
I'm working on one right now...and will have it up within a few days.

17. Is there anything that you collect?
poodles (I had 2 growing up), wine, paper for scrapbooking, yarn, and cook books

18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?
I only have one book on spinning that I got years ago, and it teaches you to spin on a spindle. I will make sure to put a few options on my wishlist. I do have an Interweave Knits subscription, and a Vogue Knitting subscription.

19. When is your birthday?
June 25th

20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
That's a hard one! I'm going to have to think about this...

21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)?
HOT. it's been in the mid to upper 80's the last few weeks, and it will only get warmer as the summer goes on.

22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself!
My husband and I met in college- I was his Resident Advisor in the dorms when we met, but we didn't start dating until the following year.

Favorites
favorite painting/picture(link):
Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh.

Candy:
Twizzlers or Starburst

Food:
french fries with cheddar cheese, thai food, or pepperoni pizza. Depends on my mood.

Drink:
Alcoholic, at the moment are mojitos. Non-alcoholic would have to be Diet Cherry Coke. Or, a good glass of red wine.

Movie(s):
Oceans 11, Pretty Woman and Star Wars, depends on my mood.

TV Show(s):
Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Desperate Housewives

Book(s):
I love Jennifer Weiner's books, but I've read them all.

Guilty Pleasure(s):
I love reality TV shows (the Bachelor, Bachelorette, the apprentice, American Idol, etc). And I love the Gilmore Girls. I watch reruns every night (thank you DVR). And my new favorite reality show is The Girls Next Door... Did I just admit that?