Monday, June 02, 2008

Sp12 questionnaire!!

Almost time for SP 12 to start up!! I am looking forward to another great round!

Here are my answers! Please feel free to ask if you need any clarification!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love all kinds of yarn! Not a fan of acrylic, but most others are OK. Mohair does make me sneeze a little, but I still use it. I love anything really soft, in great colors.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle roll for straight needles, and a zipper pouch for circs. I also have the KnitPicks options set and binder.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I was 5, when an aunt taught me. But I've been "really" knitting for about 4 years. I'd say I'm intermediate, and not afraid to try much.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an amazon one on the side bar, but it's not updated. I'll be sure to do that soon!

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavendar, citrus, rose, vanilla...

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes! I love chocolate (especially milk chocolate, and orange chocolate). And I also love Twizzlers, starburst, and gummy bears.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin (have an Ashford Kiwi), dye (see my stuff here, scrapbook, quilt, make beaded jewelry and stitch markers, love photography, and cooking.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love rock and pop music. Not much into rap or country, but like most other types of music as well.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue and purple are my faves, but I also like greens and browns. Not a fan of yellow or orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with a 4 year old daughter, 3 month old son, and 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, hats and mittens. I don't have any ponchos, but am not opposed to them.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Love socks, sweaters, and baby items.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have about 20 projects on the needles...but most are socks, I have two sweaters for myself, including the Central Park Hoodie which I just started, and a few sweaters for my daughter and son.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular for most things, and usually bamboo or wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 years

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Thanksgiving

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Poodles, yarn, and wine. Interesting combination! The wine is something my husband and I collect together. We have about 5 or 6 cases of wine at any given time.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd love to get my hands on some Wollmeise or vesper yarn, but I really do love most indie dyed yarns. I have Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to try lace knitting, but the few times I've tried, I have failed miserably. The only lace items I've completed are socks.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes!! I wear a 10 wide.

23. When is your birthday?
June 25th! I'll be 32.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, my ID is shelbyknits.