Thursday, June 12, 2008

SP12 first question!

What is my favorite summertime drink? I'll show you!!


These are the Mojitos that I made the other night! They were amazing, and I'm so glad that I have TONS of mint! I'll be able to have them daily if I want!

Here's my recipe:
12 mint leaves, torn up
2 teaspoons of sugar ("helps the medicine go down...")
juice form half of a lime (then cut it up in 4 pieces and put it in the shaker)
Then muddle the mint, sugar, and lime pieces with a spoon or pestle until all mint is bruised well
Add 1 1/2 ounces of Bacardi rum
add about a cup of ice
Shake up and down until cold
Put some fresh ice into a glass and pour the rum/lime juice mix into glass
Add about 3 to 5 ounces of Club soda (depending on how strong you want your drink)

Adding the club soda at the end makes all the difference! It keeps it nice and fizzy. I usually use about 3 ounces of club soda, because I love my liquor. ;-)