Monday, May 18, 2009

girls weekend

So for the last few years, my FIL, husband and his two BILs went camping for a weekend in October. They decided that a guys weekend would be a fun way to get together, get to know each other better, and have some fun. When I saw my two SILs in March, they suggested we do the same thing as girls, along with my MIL. So that happened this past weekend.

Overall, it was fun. It was good to get to hang out with no other obligations (kids, spouses, etc). We relaxed, got massages, ate some yummy food, and drank some. And of course, I knitted a bit, while they scrapbooked and watched movies. It was very productive! I ended up making lots of progress on my Ishbel, and even finished it! Here is the unblocked photo:


So on Saturday as we were waiting for massages, I noticed a sign on a building across from where the spa was. It was for a tattoo place. I've been wanting another one for quite some time now, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if they had any openings. So I went in, and they were booked solid. But they said I could try calling after 6:30 pm and see if anything was available. I called, and there wasn't. So she said she'd take my number and call me if things were looking good. About 20 minutes later, my cell rang and I was in the car on my way to get my third tattoo! Yay!!


I had wanted to do something for my kids, so I went with simple. Each of their names around my ankle, with a heart separating them. Here it is:




It didn't hurt too badly, except for the place near the ankle bone. It was SO worth it. I love it, the script he chose was perfect, and I'm just so thrilled with it. Now to plan my next one- which will be bigger. And on my back/shoulder. Hmmm...

I got home Sunday afternoon, and slept for 2 hours. I was exhausted!! So glad this coming weekend is a long weekend. I really need it!