Monday, February 26, 2007

Ahoy!!

I joined a swap this past fall called Yarn Abroad! I was waiting for my explorer to show up, when I heard from our fearless leader, Amanda, who gave the sad news that our explorer had been Marooned in Canada. Since there were just 2 of us left, we all decided it made sense for us to just send to each other! Today, my package arrived from Sigga!!

I opened it up, and here's what I saw!
Lots of amazing yarn, great gadgets, and treats! I have been completely spoiled!!
First: A post card of the Northern Lights!! One of the things I must see some day are the Northern Lights, so I was very excited to see the post card. So pretty!!
Then, we have the yarn:
Beautiful sock yarn that I have never seen before! I can't wait to use it!!

Then, some handdyed yarn (dyed by Sigga herself!), which is in such a fantastic pink!! I love it!!

And the pink and white icelandic wool, which I'm also excited to try! The pattern she sent me (Eunny's Endpaper mittens) will be perfect for this!

Then the gadgets and snacks. Orange Chocolate!! Let me tell you how excited I was to see that! I had been craving chocolate all day! Perfect timing. And I can't wait to try the Raspberry tea...YUM! The theme of the package was Metric vs US systems of measurements. We've got a ruler in centimeters, a tape measure with both US and metric, needles in 2.5mm, which is between US size 1 and 2, the pattern is printed on A4 paper. She's just so clever!! Plus there was a green project bag, which I really love too! She really out did herself!
Thanks Sigga!! And thanks Amanda for organizing!