Monday, February 27, 2006

hang my head in defeat.

Welll, I didn't make it. I haven't had time in a week to work on my Flower Basket Shawl for the Knitting Olympics. I feel terrible that I didn't finish my project, but I did learn a lot about myself in the process:

1) I am capable of anything I set my mind to, except for when unexpected things come up.

2) My family is very important to me, much more important to me than spending time knitting.

3) Lace is awesome. I loved getting it started, and will finish.

4) Sometimes just challenging myself makes a difference. The KO did inspire me to start my project, and I actually did get started. I even got a bit into it! I was so hesitant to start the lace, butt am glad that I did. I don't thought I was "experienced" enough to do lace, but I am, and it looks great. Not perfect, but pretty darn good!