Tuesday, February 21, 2006

moving along

My flower basket shawl has sadly taken a back burner. We have decided to sell our townhouse and buy a single family home, so that has taken over. This weekend we painted our living room white (bye bye purple!), and moved somethings into storage. Another weekend of hard work and we should be able to get the house on the market.

I'm posting a picture of my shawl, or what I have of it so far. I have decided that there is no way I'm going to be able to complete it in the time left, but I will still work on it in my spare time. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of that this week. After about 3 hours of work, this is where I'm at:



I really love how it's turning out. There are definitely some mistakes here and there, but overall I'm very pleased with my progress- considering I started and had to rip out about 30 rows only to start again. I love the color of this Knitpicks Shadow yarn. So soft and beautiful.

Well, I'm not declaring defeat yet, I'm just not sure how much further I'll get on this. As far as I'm concerned, I started it, and am moving along, which is what I was hoping for in the first place.