Thursday, November 06, 2008

FO: Central Park Un-Hoodie

Here it is!! My CPH, which I love way more than I ever thought possible. I wore it yesterday and it was so incredibly warm. So incredibly soft, and just absolutely beautiful.
ETA: The yarn I used for this is Brooks Farm Solana, and is just amazing. I have nearly 3 full skeins left, and plan to make a matching one for my daughter.





I did omit the hoodie- partially because I don't like the bulk and partially because I'll never use it. Instead, I've added a 2x2 rib collar, which is about 4 inches long. I've also made the button band go up onto this ribbing, to make it look more finished, and I absolutley LOVE how it turned out. This is the first real project that I've finished for myself (other than socks, mittens or scarves). I am so amazed that I actually finished it in exactly 6 months (thanks Ravelry for keeping track of that for me!).

And coming tomorrow- Stitches East!! This is the last time it will be in Baltimore, so I so thrilled to be going! And even better- my mom arrives tonight so we can go together! And we're even taking a class together too. I'm so over the moon with excitement!