Thursday, December 15, 2005

bah humbug

I'm just not in the Christmas spirit this year. You'd think I would be, with a little girl who is starting to get excited about the 'yites' on the tree, and 'Tanta. I'm sick of the cold, crappy weather and all of the shopping (who would have thought those words would come out of my mouth). We are in the middle of a snow/ice/mix storm, which is loads of fun. When I left Buffalo, I left the massive amounts of snow. No more waking up to a foot to brush off the car and go to work. But in lovely Maryland, we get sleet and ice much more often than snow. I don't mind driving in snow at all, it's easy! The ice is what makes me nervous. There is just no control on ice. So I stay home when I can, which means that today when I was home with my daughter (who is still sick), I couldn't go to the store, or target, or anything. I could have gotten some little shopping done for Celia's daycare teachers, but No. I had to stay inside because it's risky. I don't mind driving in ice if it's just me, but when Celia is in the car I hate to take risks.

Anyway, I'm done. I just want New Years to get here so I can put it all behind me. It's my first year away from home at Christmas, and while it's my decision and what i wanted to do, it's still hard. I hate the holidays.