Friday, December 09, 2005

Naughty, naughty!

I left work a little early last night to go and buy a few xmas gifts for friends I'm going to see this weekend. One of them is a knitter, so I went to Woolwinders for her gift. That was a big mistake! I walked in and saw that they must have recently gotten in a stock of Manos de Uraguay hand dyed wool. The colorways are amazing! It was so hard not to go crazy and buy loads of yarn, but I showed great restraint! I did buy a gift for my friend, plus a few things from the sale bin, one of which I needed for Celia's alphabet sweater, a contrasting cashmerino aran for the letter C on the front. The other was a ribbon yarn that I've been looking at wanting to try. Then...I couln'dt resist the Manos. I found a colorway that is perfect for my mom, so I bought only one skein. I haven't yet decided if I want to make something for her and give it to her, or if I should give her the skein to make something for herself. Any thoughts? What would you prefer??