Saturday, March 10, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire!!

Once again, I'm hostessing and participating in SP! I hope these answers help my pal! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love all things natural and soft! Acrylic has its place, but I don't use it often.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
my straights are in a roll that my SP7 made for me, my circs are in a zipper bag that my SP8 gave me, and my dpns are in another zipper bag my SP8 gave me. The ones that don't fit are in a drawer. And my KnitPicks Options are in their case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I first learned when I was 5, and every so often would pick it up. After I had my daughter, I started up again and haven't put the needles down since!! I think I'm intermediate, but not afraid to try anything!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do! It's on the side bar.

5. What's your favorite scent?
lavendar, vanilla, and other florals. I really don't like musky scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yup!! I love milk chocolates, and orange chocolates, Twizzlers, starburst and sweet tarts are also faves of mine.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I scrapbook, stamp cards, make beaded jewelry, quilt, spin, am getting into dyeing yarn, and I love photography

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have an ibook and an ipod, so I'm good with MP3s!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple and blue are my 2 faves. Then comes green, pink and reds. I really don't like bright yellow or orange. But I love a lighter yellow together with blue or purple.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, with a 3 year old daughter, and 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
scarves, hats and mittens I use constantly! I don't have any ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks, and things for my 3 year old daughter

13. What are you knitting right now?
I've got 3 pairs of socks, a few sweaters for my daughter, a sweater for me, and many others... I tend to start more projects than I could ever finish.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use them all! Bamboo or other wood ones are probably my favorites.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yup!! I got them for Christmas last year!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years...

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, roving, wine, and little pins (from places I travel to- they all end up on a hat I wear camping).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
yarns would be Fleece Artist, and other handpainted yarns. Not too many books, I just bought a few (Lace Style and 25 Fav. Socks) that should arrive any day now. Needles- I am always in the need for more sock needles- straights or circs. I subscribe to Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to try some colorwork eventually, though it does terrify me.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YUP!! I wear a US 10 wide.

23. When is your birthday?
June 25th