Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mommy survey

I saw this over at Kerry's blog, and thought it would be fun!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was thrilled!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No way.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I had turned 27 a few days before
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a pregnancy test.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My mom
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, though she was very stubborn and we didn't find out for sure until about 34 weeks
9. DUE DATE? March 9, 2004
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not really.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Milk, and mashed potatoes, and hamburgers
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Not much EDITED: My hubby kindly reminded me of my garlic "issue" I had while pregnant. I couldn't eat anything with garlic. I couldn't stand the smell, and worst of all, I couldn't be around anyone who had eaten garlic for several days. Poor husband, who liked chineese food, was banned from being anywhere near me until he brushed his teeth hundreds of times, and it was out of his system. I was really bitchy about it too. Sorry honey!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Female
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I really wanted a little girl, and every dream I had, the baby was always a little girl. So I was very happy!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 3. I had gestational diabetes and I lost a TON of weight on the diet they had me on. So the baby accounted for what I lost.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I had 2. My mom threw one for me back home, and my co-workers threw one for me here.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? The one at work was a shock. I thought I was going to lab meeting...I had my notebook with me and everything.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Only gestational diabetes.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 0. It was a scheduled C-section since the baby was breech. Stubborn...
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband and mom
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My husband. My mom was in the waiting room
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-Section
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? They gave me an epidural right away for the surgery.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lb, 1 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? Feb. 26, 2004
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Celia Jaye
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 3 years