Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dyeing

To my Sockapalooza 4 pal- I got your comment. I can easily re-create the Ronald Weasley colorway. I take notes on most of my Hogwarts colorways (with the exception of the first few since I didn't know how well they'd sell at all). I have 2 different superwash merino bases, and a BFL base in either fingering or sport weight. And someone asked me to do something in the merino/silk blend, so I'm going to be ordering more of that. Let me know which you'd like, and I'll try to get it done next weekend. My pregnancy will not interfere with my dyeing, until I'm too big to bed over. ;) And even then, I have a butcher block table that will be brought down to assist me.

I just spent a few hours dyeing again. I have a few new colorways coming. Plus I dyed the yarn for my Gryffindor pal's socks for the Hogwarts Sock Swap. I LOVE how it turned out, and I can't wait to see how they knit up. I decided on 2 different skeins, one in various golds, and one in burgandys. Soo pretty!
PLUS, my Knitters Treat Exchange swap pal Katie, and my Hogwarts Sock Swap pal Lacey sent me some undyed yarn, so I finally did 2 skeins for myself. I did 1 in Night Bus, since I love the colorway so much. I decided to let go of the one in my base that I've been hanging on to, so I could make one specifically for myself. Then I used some pinks, blues and silver to create a new colorway for myself. To do something special for my daughter, and I LOVE IT. Not sure if I'll repeat it again, or if it's just for her yet.