Sunday, January 15, 2006

Lots of progress

One sure fire way to get lots of progress done on many WIPs is to come down with Strep throat. I was home with my sick daughter monday and tuesday, and then went back to work wednesday. Thursday morning I knew instantly that I was sick, so I was home thurs and friday. Thankfully I slept a lot, and did some work from home- but the most exciting part was to veg, and knit. I managed to get most of one sock done, part of the pair I"m making for my mom out of Knitpicks Parade yarn, and I really like working with this yarn! It goes fast, I got gauge on US3 DPNs, and I love the colors of the stripes. Thankfully my mom's feet are way smaller than mine, so keeping them for myself really isn't an option. ;)

I've gotten out all of my matches for SP7, mainly done early last week. No major issues yet, which is great, though I expect to be more busy after the next few weeks when things are going well. I think I'm going to try to hostess again next round, I'm having so much fun this time. It's neat to get to meet so many other people from all over in this process. Definitely fun...at least so far.

Last night, we went out! Our friend Rob came and watched Celia while Nathan and I went out for dinner. Nathan chose a Seafood restaurant, which was incredible. We were done at 7 and decided that it would be really pathetic ot head home right then, so we went wandering around the mall for a bit. Home by 8:30, which was at least a little respectable. Thankfully Celia was in good hands, and she was sound asleep when we arrived home.

I wish I was one of the lucky ones to have tomorrow off, but nope. I have to work. Bah humbug.