Saturday, January 07, 2006

My SP7 Questionnaire!!!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
My name is Shelby and I'm a yarn snob. It's sad, but true. Though I am a strong believer that every yarn has it's place.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't do either, but am DYING to learn how to spin.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a drawer in a plastic wheel cabinet.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've reallly been knitting for a year and a half. I'd say I'm intermediate skill level.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an amazon wishlist.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, floral, citrus, most anything. My favorite is Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Lavendar Vanilla.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, yes, yes!!! I love orange chocolate, anything chocolate peanut butter or chocolate-caramel, sweet tarts, starburst and twizzlers.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
scrapbooking, card making, photography, quilting, and of course knitting.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I tend to like canadian bands, like Barenaked Ladies, Great Big Sea, and I also love They Might Be Giants, Dave Matthews and the like.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blues, purples, greens, browns and greys are my fave's. I hate orange and yellow.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
married with one daughter (almost 2 years old), and 2 cats (almost 4 years old).

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yup!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
anything soft. I love Manos, and I've been in a handpainted yarn kick lately. And I'm loving all I've ordered from KnitPicks.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
anything scratchy. And most acrylics.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
scarves, fingerless gloves, socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
baby sweaters for my daughter, socks, fingerless gloves, scarves

17. What are you knitting right now?
Too many things to count. Three baby sweaters, Clapotis, a poncho, Flower Basket Shawl, socks, several scarves, and several others that I can't remember.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! Especially socks, or things that use skills I haven't figured out yet.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
nope.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My aunt taught me when I was 5. I picked it up on and off for years, but it stuck last year.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
1 year

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
poodles. I had 2 growing up and LOVE them!

25. What is your favorite holiday?
thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn, cool fabrics, rubber stamps.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits (thanks to my SP6 Angella!).

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
circs for magic loop or socks on circs, yarns would be manos or koigu

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
magic loop or socks on circs, more aran techniques, and lace

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I"m trying to be. I have a size 10 wide foot-thanks to having my daughter

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
06/25

32. Allergies?
I'm allergic to hayfever, and cigarette smoke- it gives me nasty migranes.