Tuesday, August 22, 2006

great mail week!

Wow! So far this week has been fantastic with the USPS! Yesterday, when I got home there was no mail at all, which is unusual for us. We usually get junk mail saying we've been pre-approved for 10 credit cards. After dinner, we were going to go outside to go to the playground at the elementary school next to us, and I notice a Priority Mail box on the mailbox! I should have taken a picture of it, it looked kind of funny sitting there, at the street on the post. Anyway, I get it and see that it's from Simply Socks Yarn company. I tear it open, and open the card- it's the prize I won from Kerry's SP8 contest. Inside the package was an incredible skein of Fleece Artist merino in Amethyst colorway! I will take a pic soon...unfortunately it's in the room upstairs right next to my daughters, and she's asleep. If I go in, I'll wake her. It's amazing, so soft, and the colors are incredible. I can't wait to use it! Thanks Kerry!!

Then, today, I went to the mailbox on the way to get Celia from daycare (I was home, waiting for an exterminator who didn't show up... grumble, grumble!) and inside was my final package from my SP8! I showed great composure and waited to get home with Celia before tearing into it. It came at the perfect time, I had a lousy day with my 3 hour glucose tolerance test and having to have 5 blood draws in 3 hours, then having an exterminator no-show. And it was well worth the little wait...the package was even more awesome than I would have imagined! First, the One Skein book, which I've been wanting to pick up for a while, along with a lovely skein of Noro Blossom. The colors are perfect! My pal suggested using it for the spiral purse, which I'll do! There was also a lovely sheet of handmade paper, and a set of stationary that is handmade as well. The texture is amazing, and I can't wait to use it!!


She also made a little draw string bag, that held some sheep buttons (too cute!!), and pins from the UK. I can't wait to add them to my travel hat! And there were also some embellishments, and some orange candies which I can't wait to try!

There was also a little something for Celia, in the shape of a purple purse, with a poodle inside!! She grabbed it almost instantly, as you can see here- she loves it!! She also sent 2 post cards with the reveal! I now know who my SP8 is, it's Andrea! You have been a truly great pal, and I'm so excited to finally really know who you are! I am looking forward to getting to know you a little now that SP8 is ending. I can only hope that you've also had a great SP8 experience!! Thanks so much!!