Thursday, November 09, 2006

spinning success!!!

Tuesday night I pulled out the wheel and started playing again. I took out the lovely roving that Susie sent me as a wheel warming gift- black with rainbow colors! It was lovely, soft, superwash merino. I started at around 8, and by 10, I had 2 bobbins with approx. equal amounts.


Then, last night, I pulled the wheel out again, and decided to ply! Here are the results- I'm so impressed with how everything turned out! I definitely had a harder time staying consistent with the merino, but I really love the resulting yarn. It was so soft too, that I didn't bother washing it- I couldn't wait to cast on!

I had so much fun that I pulled out the wool I started off with last week, and did another bobbin with approx. the same amount of yarn. This is how it looks plyed. I think I'm in big trouble here! I am loving spinning more each time I do it, especially now that I have a wheel. It is so much faster, and in 2 nights, I ended up with 2 skeins of yarn I can use! Yummy!!