Sunday, December 24, 2006

SP9 surprise!

I did end up making it to the mall yesterday. I got there with my husband and daughter, ran into a few stores, grabbed lunch at the food court, and headed home. When we pulled into the driveway, I saw 2 boxes on my stoop! My SP9 had said that she sent something but it probably wouldn't get there before Christmas. So I was thrilled and excited to see that one of the packages was from her!! The other box was some fiber I ordered from Bonkers Fiber for a christmas gift for myself from my dad. ;)

In my SP9 box, was a wonderful treat! First, was a gift for my daugher- a bear and a sheet of stickers. The stickers have been used up and she's been carrying the bear around all over ever since she opened it! Then, I opened the card which had a starbucks gift card in it too and a note to tell me to have a gingerbread latte on her! What a sweetie! I am definitely going to do just that this week! Then came the book- ScarfStyle!! I've been wanting this book for ages, and now I have my very own copy! There are at least 4 scarves I want to make out of it, including the lace shawl. Next, was another great surprise- 2 skeins of Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud (which I've been lusting after for a long time now!) in a lovely blue!! SO beautiful and soft, I'm definitely casting on tonight for the lace shawl. She also included- her favorite needles for lacework in the right size for the shawl! So I'm all set!! My SP put together an absolutely fantastic package for me, and I can't thank her enough!! 1 more month to go and I get to find out who she is!!! The suspense is killing me!

I will post a pic later- I promise! I have to finish getting things ready for tonight!
Ok...I'm finally adding the picture!