Tuesday, December 19, 2006

wow...

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted here! So much has been going on with holiday prep that I completely forgot post- sorry everyone! Unfortunately my daughter was sick all last week with an ear infection, a sinus infection and bronchitis. After 2 trips to the doctor (and a 3rd today to make sure her lungs were clear- and to get her a flu shot), she's finally doing better. Thankfully as of Sunday, she was herself again! I'm now recovering from too much children's TV- I probably watched about 100 episodes of Little Einsteins, Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the Wiggles, and whatever else she wanted to watch while home with her for 4 days. The first few times, the episodes are cute- then the music gets into your head. And you wake up in the middle of the night with a stupid song in your head. Or in the shower, or while making breakfast. Now I'm going through withdrawl. I was actually glad to get back to work this week!

Then there is my car. Yesterday the little engine light went on (the one that's an actual picture of the engine, not the service soon one). I called the dealer (because I was a sucker and got the extended warrenty when I bought it 4 years ago), and took it in. Thankfully, the warrenty actually did some good- we paid the 100$ deductible for 500 in parts/labor to replace the oxygen sensor that was shot. Then they tell me that my breaks also need to be replaced (since it was there, I had them do the service and oil change that was due...1 trip better than 2. And of course, my rotors in the back were rusted so they couldn't be reused, so they had to be replaced too. $1200 later, my car was ready to pick up. Not exactly what I was expecting when I dropped it off yesterday. At least I own the car outright, so I don't have any car payments anymore. Definitely annoying though.

We've been having fun getting ready for Christmas this weekend, AND doing the lights/candles for Hanukkah. She gets one little present each day after we light the Menorah- and she's had fun with that! So far she's gotten a little puzzle, a sheet of stickers, a My Little Pony, and a water book (use water and the picture appears colored in). She's loving the attention. I just love holidays!